[Numpy-discussion] NumPy-Discussion Digest, Vol 83, Issue 33

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser@gmail....
Tue Aug 20 20:24:42 CDT 2013


On 8/20/13, rodrigo koblitz <rodrigokoblitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> How I can do this:
> int(scipy.comb(20314,117))
> ...
> OverflowError: cannot convert float infinity to integer
>


I assume you mean `scipy.misc.comb`.  If you give `comb` the argument
`exact=True`, it will give the exact result as a Python long integer:

>>> comb(20314, 117, exact=True)
185322125435964088726782059829379016108985668708943661610691107922797953622540795237396216566443123945647349065209794249915331405960154995668715672694861752881279482861934217563789733636501993781318815128638676831358831027763891670979664077780116887804168965068781398413964827499948504201570364142600031022445600L

By the way, scipy questions like this should be asked on the
scipy-user mailing list: mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/scipy-user
(although I can't seem to connect to that site at the moment).

Warren


> abs,
> Koblitz
>
>
> 2013/8/20 <numpy-discussion-request@scipy.org>
>
>> Send NumPy-Discussion mailing list submissions to
>>         numpy-discussion@scipy.org
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>         http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>         numpy-discussion-request@scipy.org
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>         numpy-discussion-owner@scipy.org
>>
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of NumPy-Discussion digest..."
>>
>>
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>>    1. OS X binaries for releases (Ralf Gommers)
>>    2. Re: OS X binaries for releases (David Cournapeau)
>>    3. Re: OS X binaries for releases (KACVINSKY Tom)
>>    4. Re: OS X binaries for releases (David Cournapeau)
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 22:48:51 +0200
>> From: Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com>
>> Subject: [Numpy-discussion] OS X binaries for releases
>> To: Discussion of Numerical Python <numpy-discussion@scipy.org>
>> Message-ID:
>>         <
>> CABL7CQjaCXp2GrtT8HVmaYAjRm0xmtn1Qt71WKdnbGq7dLU0cQ@mail.gmail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Building binaries for releases is currently quite complex and
>> time-consuming. For OS X we need two different machines, because we still
>> provide binaries for OS X 10.5 and PPC machines. I propose to not do this
>> anymore. It doesn't mean we completely drop support for 10.5 and PPC,
>> just
>> that we don't produce binaries. PPC was phased out in 2006 and OS X 10.6
>> came out in 2009, so there can't be a lot of demand for it (and the
>> download stats at
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.7.1/confirm this).
>>
>> Furthermore I propose to not provide 2.6 binaries anymore. Downloads of
>> 2.6
>> OS X binaries were <5% of the 2.7 ones. We did the same with 2.4 for a
>> long
>> time - support it but no binaries.
>>
>> So what we'd have left at the moment is only the 64-bit/32-bit universal
>> binary for 10.6 and up. What we finally need to add is 3.x OS X binaries.
>> We can make an attempt to build these on 10.8 - since we have access to a
>> hosted 10.8 Mac Mini it would allow all devs to easily do a release
>> (leaving aside the Windows issue). If anyone has tried the 10.6 SDK on
>> 10.8
>> and knows if it actually works, that would be helpful.
>>
>> Any concerns, objections?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ralf
>>
>> P.S. the same proposal applies of course also to scipy
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL:
>> http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/attachments/20130820/4d74e9d0/attachment-0001.html
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 23:17:19 +0100
>> From: David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] OS X binaries for releases
>> To: Discussion of Numerical Python <numpy-discussion@scipy.org>
>> Message-ID:
>>         <CAGY4rcXt+=
>> 09qP4TJdCzpXkyWStBKfeXODzuMo9MQe9XYy5jwA@mail.gmail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Building binaries for releases is currently quite complex and
>> > time-consuming. For OS X we need two different machines, because we
>> > still
>> > provide binaries for OS X 10.5 and PPC machines. I propose to not do
>> > this
>> > anymore. It doesn't mean we completely drop support for 10.5 and PPC,
>> just
>> > that we don't produce binaries. PPC was phased out in 2006 and OS X
>> > 10.6
>> > came out in 2009, so there can't be a lot of demand for it (and the
>> > download stats at
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.7.1/confirm this).
>> >
>> > Furthermore I propose to not provide 2.6 binaries anymore. Downloads of
>> > 2.6 OS X binaries were <5% of the 2.7 ones. We did the same with 2.4
>> > for
>> a
>> > long time - support it but no binaries.
>> >
>> > So what we'd have left at the moment is only the 64-bit/32-bit
>> > universal
>> > binary for 10.6 and up. What we finally need to add is 3.x OS X
>> > binaries.
>> > We can make an attempt to build these on 10.8 - since we have access to
>> > a
>> > hosted 10.8 Mac Mini it would allow all devs to easily do a release
>> > (leaving aside the Windows issue). If anyone has tried the 10.6 SDK on
>> 10.8
>> > and knows if it actually works, that would be helpful.
>> >
>>
>> I am not sure one can use 10.6 SDK on 10.8 ? I am actually looking into
>> those issues for our mac support at Enthought
>>
>> Are you here for euroscipy ?
>>
>> David
>>
>> >
>> > Any concerns, objections?
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Ralf
>> >
>> > P.S. the same proposal applies of course also to scipy
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > NumPy-Discussion mailing list
>> > NumPy-Discussion@scipy.org
>> > http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
>> >
>> >
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL:
>> http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/attachments/20130820/b3b69f9c/attachment-0001.html
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 3
>> Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 22:20:21 +0000
>> From: KACVINSKY Tom <Tom.KACVINSKY@3ds.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] OS X binaries for releases
>> To: Discussion of Numerical Python <numpy-discussion@scipy.org>
>> Message-ID: <35E5002C-FDEA-45FD-A43A-762FCCDEA8F7@3ds.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>>
>> You can use the 10.6 SDK on 10.8.  At least we do.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On Aug 20, 2013, at 18:17, "David Cournapeau" <cournape@gmail.com<mailto:
>> cournape@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com
>> <mailto:ralf.gommers@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Building binaries for releases is currently quite complex and
>> time-consuming. For OS X we need two different machines, because we still
>> provide binaries for OS X 10.5 and PPC machines. I propose to not do this
>> anymore. It doesn't mean we completely drop support for 10.5 and PPC,
>> just
>> that we don't produce binaries. PPC was phased out in 2006 and OS X 10.6
>> came out in 2009, so there can't be a lot of demand for it (and the
>> download stats at
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.7.1/confirm this).
>>
>> Furthermore I propose to not provide 2.6 binaries anymore. Downloads of
>> 2.6 OS X binaries were <5% of the 2.7 ones. We did the same with 2.4 for
>> a
>> long time - support it but no binaries.
>>
>> So what we'd have left at the moment is only the 64-bit/32-bit universal
>> binary for 10.6 and up. What we finally need to add is 3.x OS X binaries.
>> We can make an attempt to build these on 10.8 - since we have access to a
>> hosted 10.8 Mac Mini it would allow all devs to easily do a release
>> (leaving aside the Windows issue). If anyone has tried the 10.6 SDK on
>> 10.8
>> and knows if it actually works, that would be helpful.
>>
>> I am not sure one can use 10.6 SDK on 10.8 ? I am actually looking into
>> those issues for our mac support at Enthought
>>
>> Are you here for euroscipy ?
>>
>> David
>>
>> Any concerns, objections?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Ralf
>>
>> P.S. the same proposal applies of course also to scipy
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> NumPy-Discussion mailing list
>> NumPy-Discussion@scipy.org<mailto:NumPy-Discussion@scipy.org>
>> http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> NumPy-Discussion mailing list
>> NumPy-Discussion@scipy.org<mailto:NumPy-Discussion@scipy.org>
>> http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
>>
>> This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
>> individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential
>> and/or
>> privileged.
>>
>> If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in
>> error,
>>
>> (i) you should not read, disclose, or copy it,
>>
>> (ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this
>> email and all attachments,
>>
>> (iii) Dassault Systemes does not accept or assume any liability or
>> responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.
>>
>> For other languages, go to http://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL:
>> http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/attachments/20130820/baca79c9/attachment-0001.html
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 4
>> Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 23:31:11 +0100
>> From: David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com>
>> Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] OS X binaries for releases
>> To: Discussion of Numerical Python <numpy-discussion@scipy.org>
>> Message-ID:
>>         <CAGY4rcUR=cty1asAp1fwhAY6hStbiEU_R+DZs86nJ=
>> VKO+9zXQ@mail.gmail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM, KACVINSKY Tom <Tom.KACVINSKY@3ds.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>> >  You can use the 10.6 SDK on 10.8.  At least we do.
>> >
>>
>> With which compiler ?
>>
>> David
>>
>> >
>> >  Tom
>> >
>> > On Aug 20, 2013, at 18:17, "David Cournapeau" <cournape@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>> >
>> >>  Hi all,
>> >>
>> >>  Building binaries for releases is currently quite complex and
>> >> time-consuming. For OS X we need two different machines, because we
>> still
>> >> provide binaries for OS X 10.5 and PPC machines. I propose to not do
>> this
>> >> anymore. It doesn't mean we completely drop support for 10.5 and PPC,
>> just
>> >> that we don't produce binaries. PPC was phased out in 2006 and OS X
>> >> 10.6
>> >> came out in 2009, so there can't be a lot of demand for it (and the
>> >> download stats at
>> >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/NumPy/1.7.1/ confirm
>> >> this).
>> >>
>> >>  Furthermore I propose to not provide 2.6 binaries anymore. Downloads
>> >> of
>> >> 2.6 OS X binaries were <5% of the 2.7 ones. We did the same with 2.4
>> for a
>> >> long time - support it but no binaries.
>> >>
>> >>  So what we'd have left at the moment is only the 64-bit/32-bit
>> >> universal binary for 10.6 and up. What we finally need to add is 3.x
>> >> OS
>> X
>> >> binaries. We can make an attempt to build these on 10.8 - since we
>> >> have
>> >> access to a hosted 10.8 Mac Mini it would allow all devs to easily do
>> >> a
>> >> release (leaving aside the Windows issue). If anyone has tried the
>> >> 10.6
>> SDK
>> >> on 10.8 and knows if it actually works, that would be helpful.
>> >>
>> >
>> >  I am not sure one can use 10.6 SDK on 10.8 ? I am actually looking
>> > into
>> > those issues for our mac support at Enthought
>> >
>> >  Are you here for euroscipy ?
>> >
>> >  David
>> >
>> >>
>> >>  Any concerns, objections?
>> >>
>> >>  Cheers,
>> >> Ralf
>> >>
>> >>  P.S. the same proposal applies of course also to scipy
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> NumPy-Discussion mailing list
>> >> NumPy-Discussion@scipy.org
>> >> http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
>> >>
>> >>
>> >    _______________________________________________
>> > NumPy-Discussion mailing list
>> > NumPy-Discussion@scipy.org
>> > http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
>> >
>> >  This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
>> > individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential
>> and/or
>> > privileged.
>> >
>> > If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email
>> > in
>> > error,
>> >
>> > (i) you should not read, disclose, or copy it,
>> >
>> > (ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete
>> > this
>> > email and all attachments,
>> >
>> > (iii) Dassault Systemes does not accept or assume any liability or
>> > responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.
>> >
>> >  For other languages, go to http://www.3ds.com/terms/email-disclaimer
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > NumPy-Discussion mailing list
>> > NumPy-Discussion@scipy.org
>> > http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
>> >
>> >
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL:
>> http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/attachments/20130820/e939bfa6/attachment.html
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> NumPy-Discussion mailing list
>> NumPy-Discussion@scipy.org
>> http://mail.scipy.org/mailman/listinfo/numpy-discussion
>>
>>
>> End of NumPy-Discussion Digest, Vol 83, Issue 33
>> ************************************************
>>
>


More information about the NumPy-Discussion mailing list