[Numpy-discussion] Any plans for windows 64-bit installer for 1.7?

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik@gmail....
Mon Feb 4 14:27:23 CST 2013

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:57 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:28 AM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I see there is no Windows 64 bit installer for the 1.7 rc1.
>>
>> related:
>> Is there any chance to get newer mingw or mingw-w64 support "soonish"?
>
> The problem has no solution until we can restrict support to windows 7
> and above. Otherwise, any acceptable solution would require user to be
> an admin.

The installer is built with this VM/scripts:

https://github.com/certik/numpy-vendor

currently the VM itself is 32 bit. I think that might be upgraded to 64bit,
and maybe it's possible to use 64 bit Wine:

http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64

but then we would need to figure out how to use Mingw with 64 bits.

I would be very happy to accept patches to the above repository.

Alternatively, if the actual Windows 64bit machine would have to be used,
is there any way to automate the process? Would you compile it from command line
(cmd.exe), just like I do in Wine? I would much prefer if we can figure out
how to do this in Wine, so that the process can be automated and other people
can easily reproduce it.

Ondrej