[Numpy-discussion] Any plans for windows 64-bit installer for 1.7?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Mon Feb 4 14:36:41 CST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Ondřej Čertík <ondrej.certik@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 2:57 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> related:
>>> Is there any chance to get newer mingw or mingw-w64 support "soonish"?
>>
>> The problem has no solution until we can restrict support to windows 7
>> and above. Otherwise, any acceptable solution would require user to be
>> an admin.
>
> The installer is built with this VM/scripts:
>
> https://github.com/certik/numpy-vendor
>
> currently the VM itself is 32 bit. I think that might be upgraded to 64bit,
> and maybe it's possible to use 64 bit Wine:
>
> http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64
>
> but then we would need to figure out how to use Mingw with 64 bits.
>
> I would be very happy to accept patches to the above repository.
>
> Alternatively, if the actual Windows 64bit machine would have to be used,
> is there any way to automate the process? Would you compile it from command line
> (cmd.exe), just like I do in Wine? I would much prefer if we can figure out
> how to do this in Wine, so that the process can be automated and other people
> can easily reproduce it.

I wonder whether getting ming64 to work on 64 bit Wine is too hard to
get working before the release?  I often can't get 32-bit Wine
working, and we've apparently got problems with mingw64 on native
windows.

As a short term fix, how about an Amazon image with the Windows 64 bit
compilers on it?

Or can Christophe Gohlke help us out here?

It seems a shame not to provide these builds.

Cheers,

Matthew