[Numpy-discussion] Any plans for windows 64-bit installer for 1.7?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Mon Feb 4 15:06:00 CST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > I wonder whether getting ming64 to work on 64 bit Wine is too hard to
>> > get working before the release?  I often can't get 32-bit Wine
>> > working, and we've apparently got problems with mingw64 on native
>> > windows.
>> >
>> > As a short term fix, how about an Amazon image with the Windows 64 bit
>> > compilers on it?
>

> -1 on providing an "official" solution which will require admin rights for
> the produced installer and not work for scipy.

Sorry if I am being slow, but I don't follow.

Am I right in thinking that we can currently build numpy 64 bit
installers with the Microsoft tools, and that these would be
distributable without admin rights for windows >=XP ?

Why would this solution not work for scipy?

Cheers,

Matthew