[Numpy-discussion] Any plans for windows 64-bit installer for 1.7?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Mon Feb 4 16:38:38 CST 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>> > -1 on providing an "official" solution which will require admin rights
>> > for
>> > the produced installer and not work for scipy.
>>
>> Sorry if I am being slow, but I don't follow.
>>
>> Am I right in thinking that we can currently build numpy 64 bit
>> installers with the Microsoft tools, and that these would be
>> distributable without admin rights for windows >=XP ?
>

> MSVC + Intel Fortran + MKL, yes. But those aren't free. So how can you
> provide an Amazon image for those?

You can make an image that is not public, I guess.   I suppose anyone
who uses the image would have to have their own licenses for the Intel
stuff?   Does anyone have experience of this?

Does ATLAS / openBLAS not build for windows?  Sorry for my ignorance.

Cheers,

Matthew