[Numpy-discussion] Any plans for windows 64-bit installer for 1.7?

Ondřej Čertík ondrej.certik@gmail....
Thu Feb 7 13:04:41 CST 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>

>>> I think you will need a developer's license for MKL for Numpy.  Ralf -
>>> any ETA for those?
>>

>> No, I'll have to ask again.
>>

>>> I think I'm right in thinking you'll need a Fortran compiler for Scipy
>>> but not Numpy?
>>

>> Correct.
>>

>>> Can we defer the Scipy build until after the Numpy build?
>>

>> That doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
>
> I must say I'm a little confused as to how we're going to make the
> decisions here.
>
> I'm sure you agree that there's an opposite argument to be made, and I
> would make it if I thought it would make a difference, but I'm losing
> faith in my ability to keep the discussion on track, and I don't know
> what to do about that.

Matthew I don't see any problem here. I agree with Ralf that we need
to figure out how to build scipy with Fortran pretty much at the same time,
to see if the solution is a viable solution. With Christoph help and experience,
I am sure it can get done in a satisfactory way.

Ondrej