[Numpy-discussion] Any plans for windows 64-bit installer for 1.7?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Thu Feb 7 13:05:15 CST 2013

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com>wrote:

> >> Can we defer the Scipy build until after the Numpy build?
> >

> > That doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
>
> I must say I'm a little confused as to how we're going to make the
> decisions here.

How about: attempt to reach consensus? David's concern on DLLs hasn't been
addressed yet, nor has mine on packages being unavailable. I was actually
still answering another of your emails, but I can't seem to reply fast
enough.

> I'm sure you agree that there's an opposite argument to be made, and I
> would make it if I thought it would make a difference, but I'm losing
> faith in my ability to keep the discussion on track, and I don't know
> what to do about that.

I don't see the problem. Before you offered to put in work. Ondrej is
willing to help, so is Christoph. So why is it impossible to do Scipy
builds?

I can see us getting to a solution here, but offering Numpy installers
without Scipy ones is not a solution in my book.

Ralf