[Numpy-discussion] pip install numpy throwing a lot of output.

Francesc Alted francesc@continuum...
Tue Feb 12 07:58:44 CST 2013

On 2/12/13 1:37 PM, Daπid wrote:
> I have just upgraded numpy with pip on Linux 64 bits with Python 2.7,
> and I got *a lot* of output, so much it doesn't fit in the terminal.
> Most of it are gcc commands, but there are many different errors
> thrown by the compiler. Is this expected?

Yes, I think that's expected. Just to make sure, can you send some
excerpts of the errors that you are getting?

> I am not too worried as the test suite passes, but pip is supposed to
> give only meaningful output (or at least, this is what the creators
> intended).

Well, pip needs to compile the libraries prior to install them, so
compile messages are meaningful. Another question would be to reduce the
amount of compile messages by default in NumPy, but I don't think this
is realistic (and even not desirable).

--
Francesc Alted