[Numpy-discussion] Windows, blas, atlas and dlls

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Mon Feb 18 14:23:30 CST 2013

18.02.2013 20:41, Dag Sverre Seljebotn kirjoitti:
[clip]
> I think there should be a new project, pylapack or similar, for this,
> outside of NumPy and SciPy. NumPy and SciPy could try to import it, and
> if found, fetch a function pointer table. (If not found, just stay with
> what has been working for a decade.)
>
> The main motivation would be to decouple building NumPy from linking
> with BLAS and have that all happen at run-time. But a Cython interface
> would follow naturally too.

The main motivation for sticking it into Scipy would be a bit different
--- since the build and distribution infra is in place for Scipy,
putting it in scipy.linalg makes it more easily available for a larger
number of people than some random 3-rd party module.

We already ship low-level f2py bindings, so I don't see a reason for not
shipping Cython ones too.

--
Pauli Virtanen