[Numpy-discussion] Seeking help and support for next-gen math modeling tools using Python

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock@googlemail....
Wed Feb 20 17:21:14 CST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Todd <toddrjen@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking at documentation now, but a couple things from what I seen:
>
> Are you particularly tied to sourceforge? It seems a lot of python
> development is moving to github, and it makes third party contribution much
> easier.  You can still distribute releases through sourceforge even if you
> use github for revision control.

That's what NumPy has been doing for some time now, the repo is here:
https://github.com/numpy/numpy
http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/

Is there some misleading documentation still around that gave
you a different impression?

Peter