[Numpy-discussion] Windows, blas, atlas and dlls

Matyáš Novák logik@centrum...
Thu Feb 21 06:16:39 CST 2013

> You could also look into OpenBLAS, which is easier to build and
> generally faster than ATLAS. (But alas, not supported by NumPy/SciPY AFAIK.)
Hi,
maybe not officially supported, so the integration into numpy is a bit
tricky
(after long tries I had success with exporting BLAS and LAPACK environment
variables prior to running setup.py, if I remember correctly) but IMHE one
can use OpenBlas (or in my case it's older version GotoBlas) with
(sci|num)py
without problems.
So I reccomend to use Open/GotoBlas too.

Best,
Matyas Novak