[Numpy-discussion] a question about freeze on numpy 1.7.0

Gelin Yan dynamicgl@gmail....
Sun Feb 24 02:08:34 CST 2013

Hi All

     When I used numpy 1.7.0 with cx_freeze 4.3.1 on windows, I quickly
found out even a simple "import numpy" may lead to program failed with
following exception:

"AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'sys'

After a poking around some codes I noticed /numpy/core/__init__.py has a
line 'del sys' at the bottom. After I commented this line, and repacked the
whole program, It ran fine.
I also noticed this 'del sys' didn't exist on numpy 1.6.2

I am curious why this 'del sys' should be here and whether it is safe to
omit it. Thanks.

Regards

gelin yan