[Numpy-discussion] a question about freeze on numpy 1.7.0

Bradley M. Froehle brad.froehle@gmail....
Mon Feb 25 01:53:55 CST 2013

I can reproduce with NumPy 1.7.0, but I'm not convinced the bug lies within
NumPy.

The exception is not being raised on the `del sys` line.  Rather it is
being raised in numpy.__init__:

  File
"/home/bfroehle/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cx_Freeze/initscripts/Console.py",
line 27, in <module>
    exec code in m.__dict__
  File "numpytest.py", line 1, in <module>
    import numpy
  File
"/home/bfroehle/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/__init__.py", line
147, in <module>
    from core import *
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'sys'

This is because, somehow, `'sys' in numpy.core.__all__` returns True in the
cx_Freeze context but False in the regular Python context.

-Brad