[Numpy-discussion] Adding .abs() method to the array object

Frédéric Bastien nouiz@nouiz....
Mon Feb 25 09:47:52 CST 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.root@ou.edu> wrote:

> My issue is having to remember which ones are methods and which ones are
> functions.  There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for the choices, and
> I would rather like to see that a line is drawn, but I am not picky as to
> where it is drawn.

I like that. I think it would be a good idea to find a good line for
NumPy 2.0. As we already will break the API, why not break it for
another part at the same time.

I don't have any idea what would be a good line... Do someone have a
good idea? Do you agree that it would be a good idea for 2.0?

Fred