[Numpy-discussion] another discussion on numpy correlate (and convolution)

Pierre Haessig pierre.haessig@crans....
Tue Feb 26 02:20:48 CST 2013

Hi,

Le 22/02/2013 17:40, Matthew Brett a écrit :
> >From complete ignorance, do you think it is an option to allow a
> (n_left, n_right) tuple as a value for 'mode'?

That may be an option. Another one would be to add some kind of `bounds`
option which would be set to None by default but would accept the
(n_left, n_right) tuple and would override `mode`.

I don't know which one is better.

The only thing I've in mind which may cause confusion is that `mode`
normally receives a string ('valid', 'same', 'full') but it also accept
corresponding integer codes (undocumented, but I guess it corresponds to
a old signature of that function). So I wonder if there could be a
confusion between :
* mode = n
* mode = (n_left, n_right)

What do you think ?