[Numpy-discussion] 1.7.1

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Tue Feb 26 15:03:25 CST 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com
> wrote:

> When should we put out 1.7.1? Discuss ;)

When we have X times more fixes in maintenance/1.7.x than the one commit
with a one-liner fix that we have now. Where X is >= 5 at least, unless
there's a very high prio fix that needs releasing asap?

Having at least 2 months between bugfix releases unless something very
urgent comes up would also make sense to me.

I think we do need to be diligent in backporting fixes quickly after
they're merged into master, and not leaving that till right before the
release candidate is scheduled.

Ralf