[Numpy-discussion] Conversion functions

Schönberger Johannes hannesschoenberger@gmail....
Tue Jan 1 08:50:13 CST 2013

Hello everyone,

I recently opened a new pull request which adds the functionality to
convert between degrees and degrees, minutes and seconds
(https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/2869).

The discussion is about whether such conversion functionality should
be integrated into numpy at all or whether this belongs to scipy. I
suggest to move the most common conversion functions (deg2rad,
rad2deg, deg2dms, dms2deg and some more could be added) to a separate
file `conversion.py` file in `numpy/lib`.

I could implement this in a new pull request, if the general consensus
is in favor of it? What are your thoughts?

Regards, Johannes