[Numpy-discussion] Numpy speed ups to simple tasks - final findings and suggestions

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox....
Wed Jan 2 08:58:32 CST 2013

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Raul Cota <raul@virtualmaterials.com> wrote:
>> b.1)
>> I noticed that PyFloat * Float64 resulted in an unnecessary "on the fly"
>> conversion of the PyFloat into a Float64 to extract its underlying C
>> double value. This happened in the function
>> _double_convert_to_ctype which comes from the pattern,
>> _@name@_convert_to_ctype
>
> This also sounds like an excellent change, and perhaps should be
> extended to ints and bools as well... again, can you file a pull
> request?

Immediately after I hit 'send' I realized this might be unclear...
what I mean is, please file two separate pull requests, one for the
(a) changes and one for the (b.1) changes. They're logically separate
so it'll be easier to review and merge them separately.

-n