[Numpy-discussion] Insights / lessons learned from NumPy design

Alan G Isaac alan.isaac@gmail....
Wed Jan 9 08:53:14 CST 2013

I'm just a Python+NumPy user and not a CS type.
May I ask a naive question on this thread?

Given the work that has (as I understand it) gone into
making NumPy usable as a C library, why is the discussion not
going in a direction like the following:
What changes to the NumPy code base would be required for it
to provide useful ndarray functionality in a C extension
to Clojure?  Is this simply incompatible with the goal that
Clojure compile to JVM byte code?

Thanks,
Alan Isaac