[Numpy-discussion] Remove support for numeric and numarray in 1.8

Frédéric Bastien nouiz@nouiz....
Thu Jan 10 08:28:45 CST 2013

Hi,

Just to note, as they plan to remove there dependency on it this year,
is it bad that they can't use 1.8 for a few mounts until they finish
the conversion? They already have a working version. They can continue
to use it for as long they want. The only advantage for them if the
compat layers are kept is the abbility for them to use the new numpy
1.8 a few monts earlier.

I don't know enough about this issue, but from Nathaniel description,
the consequence of dropping it in 1.8 seam light compared to the
potential problem in my view. But the question is, how many other
group are in there situation?

Can we make a big warning printed when we compile again those
compatibility layer to make it clear they will get removed? (probably
it is already like that)

my 2 cents

Fred