[Numpy-discussion] Remove support for numeric and numarray in 1.8

Christopher Hanley chanley@gmail....
Thu Jan 10 10:02:45 CST 2013

I'm all for a big scary warning on import.  Fair warning is good for
everyone, not just our developers.

As for testing, our software that uses the API is tested nightly.  So if
our software stops working, and the compatibility layer is the cause, we
would definitely be looking into what happened. :-)

In any case, fair warning of dropped support in 1.8 and removal in 1.9 is
fine with us.

Thanks,
Chris