[Numpy-discussion] New numpy functions: filled, filled_like

Pierre Haessig pierre.haessig@crans....
Mon Jan 14 12:12:37 CST 2013

Le 14/01/2013 18:33, Benjamin Root a écrit :

>     How about "initialized()"?
>

> A verb! +1 from me!
Shouldn't it be "initialize()" then ? I'm not so fond of it though,
because initialize is pretty broad in the field of programming.

What about "refurbishing" the already existing "tile()" function ? As of
now it almost does the job :

In [8]: tile(nan, (3,3)) # (it's a verb ! )
Out[8]:
array([[ nan,  nan,  nan],
       [ nan,  nan,  nan],
       [ nan,  nan,  nan]])

 though with two restrictions:
 * tile doesn't have a dtype keyword. Could this be added ?
 * tile performance on my computer seems to be twice as bad as "ones() *
val"

Best,
Pierre