[Numpy-discussion] numpy.filled, again

Alan G Isaac alan.isaac@gmail....
Fri Jun 14 12:33:35 CDT 2013

On 6/14/2013 1:18 PM, Eric Firing wrote:
> All of this fuss is about replacing two lines of user code
> with a single line.  If it can't be kept simple, both in
> implementation and in documentation, it shouldn't be done
> at all.

Here's another perspective: if that's all we get
(one line instead of two), it isn't worth it at all.
But if we get something more useful (broadcast of values),
it might be worthwhile.

But hmm, once we go there, wouldn't the right thing to do
be to just make sure ``tile`` is efficient and add
a dtype argument?  We already have

>>> np.tile(0.5,(2,3))
array([[ 0.5,  0.5,  0.5],
        [ 0.5,  0.5,  0.5]])