[Numpy-discussion] Scheduling the 1.7.1 and 1.8 releases

Wed Mar 6 12:43:41 CST 2013

Hi All,

There are now some 14 non-merge commits in the 1.7.x branch including the
critical diagonal leak fix. I think there is maybe one more critical
backport and perhaps several low priority fixes, documentation and such,
but I think we should start up the release process with a goal of getting
1.7.1 out by the middle of April.

The development branch has been accumulating stuff since last summer, I
suggest we look to get it out in May, branching at the end of this month.

Thoughts?

Chuck