[Numpy-discussion] (@Pat Marion) Re: Yes, this one again "ImportError: No module named multiarray"

Dinesh B Vadhia dineshbvadhia@hotmail....
Wed Mar 13 10:59:12 CDT 2013

Many thanks Pat - the numpy discussion list is brill.
Go ahead and see if the CPython developers would be interested as it is a problem that appears all the time on boards/lists.
Best ... Dinesh

From: Pat Marion
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:23 AM
To: Aron Ahmadia
Cc: Discussion of Numerical Python
Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] (@Pat Marion) Re: Yes,this one again "ImportError: No module named multiarray"

Thanks for copying me, Aron.

Hi Dinesh, I have a github project which demonstrates how to use numpy with freeze.  The project's readme includes more information:

  https://github.com/patmarion/NumpyBuiltinExample

It does require a small patch to CPython's import.c file.  I haven't tried posted this patch to the CPython developers, perhaps there'd be interest incorporating it upstream.

Pat