[Numpy-discussion] R: fast numpy.fromfile skipping data chunks

Daπid davidmenhur@gmail....
Wed Mar 13 12:41:19 CDT 2013

On 13 March 2013 16:54, Andrea Cimatoribus <Andrea.Cimatoribus@nioz.nl>wrote:

>  Since I'm in the process of buying new hardware too, a slight OT (but
> definitely related).
> Does an ssd provide substantial improvement in these cases?

It should help. Nevertheless, when talking about performance, it is
difficult to predict, mainly because in a computer there are many things
going on and many layers involved.

I have a couple of computers equipped with SSD, if you want, if you send me
some benchmarks I can run them and see if I get any speedup.