[Numpy-discussion] Implementing a "find first" style function

Nathaniel Smith njs@pobox....
Wed Mar 27 07:19:02 CDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Phil Elson <pelson.pub@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bump.
>
> I'd be interested to know if this is a desirable feature for numpy?
> (specifically the 1D "find" functionality rather than the "any"/"all" also
> discussed)
> If so, I'd be more than happy to submit a PR, but I don't want to put in the
> effort if the principle isn't desirable in the core of numpy.

I don't think anyone has a strong opinion either way :-). It seems
like a fairly general interface that people might find useful, so I
don't see an immediate objection to including it in principle. It
would help to see the actual numbers from a tuned version though to
know how much benefit there is to get...

-n