[SciPy-dev] Re: PlotCanvas

eric jones eric at scipy.org
Fri Oct 26 15:07:22 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jochen Küpper" <jochen at unc.edu>
To: <scipy-dev at scipy.org>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [SciPy-dev] Re: PlotCanvas

> On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:27:20 -0400 eric jones wrote:
>
> eric> Good idea.  I added a file called FORMAT_GUIDELINES.txt to the
> eric> CVS.
>
> ok.
>
> But why is it all uppercase and with that ugly ".txt" extension? What
> in the world is wrong with "Format_Guidelines"
> (or "format_guidelines":)) ???
>
> Not that it really matters:)

picky, picky.

The uppercase is somewhat of a standard for non-code stuff.  Travis O. used
it for LICENSE, etc.  LAPACK and ATLAS both uses it for README, INSTALL,
etc.  The txt on the end is to be nice to windows users.  The OS
automatically recognizes that extension and uses the appropriate app to open
the file.

eric