[SciPy-dev] CVS updates complete

eric eric at scipy.org
Wed Apr 3 09:09:17 CST 2002

> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, eric wrote:
>
> > Ok.  Try again. I thought I was checking that directory checked in -- but
> > obviously wasn't.
> >
> > To test, I built from a clean CVS checkout, and it worked on windows.
>
> Eric, have you tried to solve weave issues on Python 2.2? A typical error
> from testing weave is given at the end of this message.
>
> Under Suse linux, SciPy builds fine, but when importing I got
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "scipy/__init__.py", line 56, in ?
>     import xplt
>   File "scipy/xplt/__init__.py", line 31, in ?
>     from Mplot import *
>   File "scipy/xplt/Mplot.py", line 57, in ?
>     hist = scipy.histogram
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'histogram'
>
> As a fix, I changed line #56 in Mplot.py
>   hist = scipy.histogram
>   from scipy.stats import histogram as hist
>
> (Note, I have not commited this fix to CVS, feel free to do so.)

Thanks. Done.

> ERROR: check_complex_var_in (test_scalar_spec.test_gcc_complex_converter)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File

"/home/peterson/cvs/scipy/build/lib.linux-i686-2.2/scipy/weave/tests/test_scalar
_spec.py",
> line 213, in check_complex_var_in
>     mod.compile(location = test_dir, compiler = self.compiler)
>   File "scipy/weave/ext_tools.py", line 321, in compile
>     verbose = verbose, **kw)
>   File "scipy/weave/build_tools.py", line 194, in build_extension
>     setup(name = module_name, ext_modules = [ext],verbose=verb)
>   File "/home/peterson/opt/lib/python2.2/distutils/core.py", line 157, in
> setup
>     raise SystemExit, "error: " + str(msg)
> CompileError: error: file

'/home/peterson/cvs/scipy/build/lib.linux-i686-2.2/scipy/weave/CXX/cxxsupport.cx
x'
> does not exist

Can you confirm that this file actually does not exists?  That directory should
look something like:

    C:\Python21\scipy\weave\CXX>ls
    Config.hxx      IndirectPythonInterface.cxx  cxx_extensions.cxx
    Exception.hxx   IndirectPythonInterface.hxx  cxxextensions.c
    Extensions.hxx  Objects.hxx                  cxxsupport.cxx

If it isn't there, something is wrong with weave's setup script (at least for
Python2.2) that causes it not to install data files correctly.  I'll look at
this when I look into the cc error on FreeBSD.

thanks,
eric