[SciPy-dev] CVS updates complete

eric eric at scipy.org
Wed Apr 3 14:01:46 CST 2002

> Eric,
>
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, eric wrote:
>
> > Can you confirm that this file actually does not exists?
>
> I didn't install scipy and therefore these files in CXX were not there.
> Building does not copy the data files. So, it was my bad.

This brings up a good point though.  Testing is a little difficult because you
have to do a python setup.py install to get everything in the correct location.
Should we alter scipy_distutils to copy files into the build directory when
"python setup.py build" is used?  That way you can just cd to the build/lib.xxx
directory and try things out without installing.

eric