[SciPy-dev] scipy-0.2 -- maybe mid next week

eric eric at scipy.org
Thu Apr 4 14:39:11 CST 2002

Group,

It doesn't look like SciPy-0.2 will roll out tomorrow.  There are still some
outstanding issues.

1.
setup.py needs some additions to bundle Numeric into exe files when building a
windows distribution.

2.
Where are we on the linalg to linalg2 transition?  Has everything been moved
over?  I haven't looked at the cblas/fblas wrappers in a while.  Also, I'm not
up to speed on all the work Travis and Pearu have done.  Is it release ready?

3.
Documentation and installation guides needs to be updated.  There have been
substantial updates and rearrangments that we should document.  I haven't looked
at this yet.

4.
source and binary distributions need to be built and tested.  I'd like to have
Windows,Mac,Debian, and Linux RH rpms available.  I can do the Windows and maybe
the rpms on a RH 7.x box.  I know binary RPMs have a lot of issues, so I guess
we should have a source RPM also?

5.
Fix weave for FreeBSD.

6.
Travis, is the stats module finished?

2,3, and 4 are the bulk of the work.  If linalg2 is about ready to roll, then
mid-next week should be possible.

eric

--
Eric Jones <eric at enthought.com>