[SciPy-dev] genetic algorithm, number theory, filterdesign,zerofinding

pearu at scipy.org pearu at scipy.org
Thu Apr 11 16:08:52 CDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Chuck Harris wrote:

> > If the meaning is the same, we should stick to the same name.
> > I would prefer tol.
>
> Will use.

But now I see that Travis has used extensively xtol. And with a reason
as there is also ftol.
Travis, what do you think?

> > double solve((void*)() f,double a,double b,double xtol,int maxiter)
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^
>                 double (*f)() ?

Ok, that's one typo. You were warned..

> Where do I find f2py. I've been looking... Any compiler dependences,
> or does this work for all the standard compilers.

http://cens.ioc.ee/projects/f2py2e/

f2py (actually scipy_distutils) can detect available compilers and use
them. If you have gcc, then you are fine.

> By the way, what do I need to do to my replies so that they follow the
> thread instead of messing up the list?

I guess, it depends what mailer programm are you using. Otherwise, I have
no idea what you should do, exchange your mail programm, may be;).

Pearu