[SciPy-dev] BVP code

Jochen Küpper jochen at unc.edu
Tue Apr 23 16:02:36 CDT 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:37:44 +0200 Anders Lyckegaard wrote:

Anders> I have been working on a bit of code that implements a
Anders> shooting routine for two point boundary value problems. It
Anders> uses the SciPy routines odeint and fsolve, so I was wondering
Anders> if the shooting routine would be of interest to the SciPy
Anders> community.

It would.  I actually was thinking of doing something similar in C,
providing a Python interface, using GSL.  Maybe I just take your code
now:))

Anders> I am completely new to SciPy, and Scientific Computing with
Anders> Python, so don't expect too much. I have only used SciPy for a
Anders> few days now.

Well, it definitely is necessary to get it robust for general
usage... How do you vary the eigenvalue? How do you determine whether
accuracy conditions are met?

How does it compare to Numerov-Cooley?