[SciPy-dev] multi-variable constrained minimization?

eric jones eric at enthought.com
Sat Aug 10 02:56:57 CDT 2002

Is there a constrained minimization function for multi-variable
functions?  optimize.fmin_bound is for scalar functions only from what I
can tell.

If the answer is "no", the next question is whether this is because
there isn't a good Fortran/C function for this in the libraries we've
wrapped, or is it because the ones there aren't any good.

The next question would be, does anyone have a suggestion for a library
we should use for this capability?  There is a library that I've used
before called CFSQP by Andre Tits that is very good, but it is not open
source and can't be distributed with scipy (you can get the source by
emailing the author).  This pretty much rules it out.  Any other
suggestions?

Thanks,
eric