[SciPy-dev] Re: [Scipy-cvs] world/chaco properties.py,1.10,1.11

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Mon Dec 2 16:21:50 CST 2002

Putting on my "soup nazi" hat:

dmorrill at ActiveState.com wrote:

>      def __init__ ( self, default_value, *value_type, **keywords ):
> !        setter = None
> !        isDelegate    = isinstance( default_value, PropertyDelegate )
>          if isDelegate:
>             getter        = default_value
> --- 234,239 ----
>
>      def __init__ ( self, default_value, *value_type, **keywords ):
> !        setter     = None
> !        isDelegate = isinstance( default_value, PropertyDelegate )

Note that this kind of alignment is expressly argued against in PEP 8
(http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0008.html)

It is inherently harder to maintain, and causes larger (hencer harder to read)
CVS diffs than necessary (such as this one).

Another style quibble:  some files at least use 3-space indents.  Is that on
purpose?  I (and PEP 8) strongly recommend 4-space indents.  If it's not on
purpose, I don't mind doing the cleanup when I see such a file.

Cheers,

--david