[SciPy-dev] Re: Possible FreeBSD workaround

Derek Homeier derek at physast.uga.edu
Sun Dec 15 23:14:48 CST 2002

On Saturday, December 14, 2002, at 11:45 PM, Robert Kern wrote:

>> I tried using the patch that was sent to my by Robert, but couldn't
>> get
>> it to patch at all.  Two of two chunks were rejected.
>
> That's odd. Well, that's the diff given to me by cvs diff. In any case,
> it's only three lines; could you try making the change manually and
> trying again? None of us seem to have a FreeBSD machine available to
> test on.

I'd be willing to give it a try, but I don't even get this far:
find_fortran_compiler detects the NAG f95 installed on our box, and
uses that to build, but the compile fails in:

f95  -fixed   -O4 -target=native    -c
/home/kang/derek/soft/python/scipy/special/mach/i1mach.f -o
build/temp.freebsd-4.6.2-RELEASE-p2-i386-2.2/i1mach.o
Unrecognised option -target=native passed to ld
Obsolescent: /home/kang/derek/soft/python/scipy/special/mach/i1mach.f,
line 1: Fixed source form
f95  -fixed   -O4 -target=native    -c
/home/kang/derek/soft/python/scipy/special/mach/r1mach.f -o
build/temp.freebsd-4.6.2-RELEASE-p2-i386-2.2/r1mach.o
Unrecognised option -target=native passed to ld
Obsolescent: /home/kang/derek/soft/python/scipy/special/mach/r1mach.f,
line 1: Fixed source form
Error: /home/kang/derek/soft/python/scipy/special/mach/r1mach.f, line
173: Inconsistent structure for arg 1 in call to I1MCRA
[f95 error termination]
error: failure during compile (exit status = 512)

looks like another bug here (or two, since the linker might still fail
when passed the
-target=native flag) :-(

Cheers,
							Derek