[SciPy-dev] Problem with flapack

Heiko Henkelmann heiko at hhenkelmann.de
Thu Feb 14 14:20:54 CST 2002

Sorry guys for being such a troublemaker. After tweaking a couple of linker
command lines I've been able to build scipy. Now I'm facing the following
problem:

>>> from scipy import signal as s
>>> s.roots([1,2,3,4])
array_from_pyobj:intent(inout) array must be contiguous and with a proper
type and size.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "C:\USR\PYTHON21\scipy\basic1a.py", line 48, in roots
    root[:N-1] = eig(A)[0]
  File "C:\USR\PYTHON21\scipy\linalg\linear_algebra.py", line 439, in eig
    results = ev(a, jobvl='N', jobvr=vchar, lwork=-1)  # query
flapack.error: failed in converting 1st argument `a' of flapack.zgeev to
C/Fortran array

Is this something you have seen before? What am I doing wrong?

Heiko