[SciPy-dev] mac os X port? plt development?

Jon Peirce jwp at cns.nyu.edu
Fri Feb 15 08:30:20 CST 2002

Hi there

I just came across scipy and really like it - now seriously considering
moving to python from matlab. You've done a great job. I'm interested
though in a couple of things regarding development:

a) is anyone out there working on a port for Mac Os X? That would be the
best! Matlab no longer support macs so lots of users are looking for
alternative scripting languages. And because of the freeBSD kernel of osX
many programmers are starting to use macs (you wouldnt believe me if I told
you 2 years ago!)

b) how is the development of plt coming on? What sort of time do you expect
it to take to give that the functionality of gnuplot? The thing I use lots
that doesnt exist is a proper surface plot (not mesh).

Of course its very easy to write a wish list when I'm not doing the
development... ;) Thanks again for your work so far!

Jon Peirce
212 998 7865 (tel)
212 995 4011 (fax)

http://www.cns.nyu.edu/~jwp