[SciPy-dev] Plot_utlity

eric eric at scipy.org
Mon Feb 18 11:38:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fedor Baart" <fedor.baart at hccnet.nl>
To: <scipy-dev at scipy.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 7:37 PM
Subject: [SciPy-dev] Plot_utlity

> In module plot_utility in the calc_bound function the axis_bound
> variable is not used.
>
> 496                c1 = axis_bound = (quotient + 1) * interval
> 497                c2 = axis_bound = (quotient) * interval
>
> I think
>
> 370            def auto_ticks(data_bounds, bounds_info = None):
> 371               if bounds_info==None:
> 372                  bounds_info = ['auto','auto','auto']
>
> is a bit more elegant than:
>
> 369            default_bounds = ['auto','auto','auto']
> 370            def auto_ticks(data_bounds, bounds_info =
> default_bounds):

default_bounds may have been intended to be visible outside the module.  Whether
that was ever used, I'm not sure.  Your right though.  The test for None is
better and much safer.  In this case, it isn't causing any problems (besides
aesthetics).  The plt module has rarely been accused of "elegance."  Hopefully
the 2nd cut will make Audry Hepburn envious.

I haven't seen anything in any of these corrections that would account for the
problems you were having.  Are they still occuring, or have you found the root
of the problem?

eric