[SciPy-dev] Stupid question.

Fernando Pérez fperez at pizero.colorado.edu
Tue Feb 19 14:38:19 CST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, eric wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> This fix isn't exactly what I'd call general... and only works if you have root
> access.  Shouldn't there be a solution that doesn't require modifying the
> library names?

Agreed. It might be worth then pointing people to an rpm of the static libs,
making one of the shared libs with the extra symlinks, or simply telling
people to build the libs themselves as static from the fftw site.

I guess I just don't really understand at all how ld does name resolution,
what it does with suffixes and numbers, etc. And the man pages aren't very
informative either.

Cheers,