[SciPy-dev] IPython updated (Emacs works now)

Anthony Rossini rossini at u.washington.edu
Tue Feb 19 15:29:38 CST 2002

Note that one thing I'm working on doing is extending ESS (an Emacs mode for data analysis, usually R or SAS, but also for other "interactive" data analysis stuff) to accomodate iPython, in the hopes of (very slowly) moving towards using R and SciPy for most of my work.  ESS is different in that it works on extending the interactive environment (and redirecting things like "help" requests/responses to different buffers), from the standard python model.

Just a comment; I'd love to do it today, but it's not happening this month.

best,
-tony