[SciPy-dev] FFTPACK and RandomArray

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue Feb 19 19:53:07 CST 2002

On Monday 18 February 2002 01:22 pm, you wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> We also need to start the task of removing fftw from the core and fitting
> FFTPACK in (shouldn't be hard).  Also, what other packages do we need to
> address?

I like it.

How should we handle fftpack.  Should we use f2py and modified Numeric
wrappers?  Or use the f2c version Numeric currently uses.

Also, I've been working on the stats package.  How should we handle
RandomArray.  Should we take all that's good from RandomArray and place it in
our stats package?

My inclination is to subsume RandomArray, FFTPACK, and LinearAlgebra into
scipy so that all we rely on is the core array facilities of Numeric.

-Travis O.