scipy.test troubles (was Re: [SciPy-dev] Stupid question.)

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Wed Feb 20 14:55:08 CST 2002

    PP> It might be that Python 2.1.1 is causing these troubles. There
    PP> was a nasty bug in Python that shows up when one extension
    PP> module imports another one.  See

    PP>   http://www.python.org/2.1.2/

    PP> for details. I am running

    PP> Python 2.1.2 (#1, Jan 18 2002, 18:05:45) [GCC 2.95.4 (Debian
    PP> prerelease)] on linux2

    PP> and it does not crash (though there are still these 5
    PP> failures).

Ok, I actually have lots of cruft on my machine.  I just removed
Python 1.5.2, 2.0.x.  I also have the debian version of 2.1.2 in
/usr/bin plus a version of 2.1.1 in /usr/local.

However this setup has been working for quite a while.  I just tried
my example code with 2.1.2 and it still fails.  Anyway I'll try again
tommorow and get back to you.  BTW, do you link anything thats used by
f2py to the libpython*?

regards,
prabhu