[SciPy-dev] NAN in special/cephes breaks CVS build

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Sat Feb 23 10:45:52 CST 2002

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

>     PP> Ok, I found that one needs to use -D_ISOC99_SOURCE when
>     PP> compiling.  See /usr/include/features.h for comments and
>     PP> /usr/include/bits/nan.h.
>
> I just updated my CVS copy and ran a python setup.py build and it
> seems to build fine on woody.

Yes, because travo already fixed this. However, now I get

>>> import scipy
No module named distrbutions
Warning: FFT package not found. Some names will not be available
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "scipy/__init__.py", line 95, in ?
    modules2all(__all__, _level2, globals())
  File "scipy/__init__.py", line 48, in modules2all
    exec("import %s" % name, gldict)
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "scipy/signal/__init__.py", line 74, in ?
    scipy.names2all(__all__, _namespaces, globals())
  File "scipy/__init__.py", line 37, in names2all
    exec("import %s" % name, gldict)
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "scipy/signal/signaltools.py", line 6, in ?
    from scipy import fft, ifft, ifftshift, fft2d, ifft2d
ImportError: cannot import name fft

I do have fftw though. I suspect that fft stuff is not finished yet.

Pearu