[SciPy-dev] Problem with CVS co

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Feb 25 03:08:28 CST 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Janko wrote:

> Hi, I thought that the problem with the open file limits were solved?
> Tried to checkout this morning all the great work you had done, I get:
>
> cvs server: cannot open .cvsignore: Too many open files
> cvs server: cannot open .cvswrappers: Too many open files
> cvs [server aborted]: cannot open CVS/Repository: Too many open files

This is strange. This seems to happen only for anonymous checkouts.
With a login I can checkout the whole CVS with no problems.

And
  lsof | wc
shows that approx.
  1141
files are open during update and it is really nothing compared to
  cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max
  16384

So, it seems to be a problem with cvs after all.

Any ideas? Does anyone know what are the differences between ordinary and
anonymous accounts for a cvs server?

Pearu