[SciPy-dev] Problem with CVS co

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Feb 25 03:45:08 CST 2002

    PP> Any ideas? Does anyone know what are the differences between
    PP> ordinary and anonymous accounts for a cvs server?

I dont know but the cvs version on scipy is ancient.
  Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.10.8 (client/server)

RPM says the following:
 Build Date: Wed 12 Jul 2000 06:34:46 AM CDT

And my version of CVS (version 1.11.1p1) has the following changelog
entry.

2000-06-03  Larry Jones  <larry.jones at sdrc.com>

        * commit.c (checkaddfile): Plug memory leak.
        * rcs.c (RCS_checkin): Plug memory leaks.
        * server.c (do_cvs_command): Plug file descriptor leaks.
        * tag.c (check_fileproc): Plug memory leak.

I guess this change didnt make it into the RH cvs version.

The scipy server is still running RH 7.0 which IIRC had lots of
security holes (RH's x.0 releases usually are buggy).  So I guess
upgrading the scipy server should fix this and other problems.

prabhu