[SciPy-dev] weave -- inline C/C++ in Python, an implementation

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Sat Jan 5 02:53:43 CST 2002

On Sat, 5 Jan 2002, Fernando Pérez wrote:

> Any ideas? One thing I noticed, and I don't know if it may cause problems:
> your files have DOS line endings (\r\n). In emacs these show up as ugly ^M
> characters at the end of every line, but I don't know if they can confuse
> python. If nothing else, do you know if there's a way to have distutils clean
> up the line endings for each platform?

I had similar problem with DOS line endings, in particular with executing
setup.py script from a command line:
  ./setup.py ....
that failed with strange messages (not reletated to python) until I
changed the line endings with the `flip -u *` command.
However, in my debian box I don't experience the problems that you do, so
the DOS line endings should not be the problem for linux python.

Pearu