[SciPy-dev] fblas1

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Tue Jan 22 15:00:39 CST 2002

Hi!

I have commited a complete fblas1 and partially implemented
fblas2 interfaces to scipy CVS repository.

I also have troubles with cblas1 from atlas 3.3.13. Just too many
functions from atlas just crash when I am trying to
wrap them. However, using identical (well, almost) wrappers for fortran
blas, they work fine. So, I don't think that these crashes are due to the
interface but more like atlas generated (or may be just me;). Here is a
simple example:

File foo_axpy.c:
/* gcc -g foo_axpy.c -L/usr/local/lib/atlas -lcblas -lf77blas -latlas
-DDMALLOC -ldmalloc */

#include <stdio.h>
//#include <dmalloc.h>

extern cblas_saxpy();
extern saxpy_();
int main () {
  float x[2] = {6,2};
  float *y = (float *)malloc(2*sizeof(float));
  int n = 2;
  int incx = 1;
  int incy = 1;
  float a = 5.4;
  y[0] = 4.2; y[1] = 4.5;
  //cblas_saxpy(n,a,x,incx,y,incy);
  saxpy_(&n,&a,x,&incx,y,&incy);
  printf("y[0]=%f\n",y[0]);
  printf("y[0]=%f\n",y[1]);
  free(y);
}

Could someone try to compile and run this program, both with atlas and
fortran version of saxpy? Do they work for you? If I am using cblas_saxpy,
then the program always crashes. Can you tell what I am doing wrong here?

Regards,
	Pearu