[SciPy-dev] adding LAPACK and BLAS to the source code

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Tue Jun 25 00:36:04 CDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> Sure, but its one more thing to keep track of.  If you really dont
> think its too big a deal I guess it makes sense to just go ahead and
> add lapack as well.  Maybe you could put all these extra packages into
> a separate cvs module so that only folks who want it can check it out?
> This way the extras are separated from the main scipy code.  Just a
> thought.

Another thought is to commit lapack source to CVS as a single tar.gz file.
And removing BLAS,INSTALL,TESTING, and TIMING directories from the
LAPACK distribution (keeping only SRC directory) will reduce the
size of LAPACK sources considerably (39MB -> 15MB or 2MB when gzipped).

Notice that BLAS sources shipped with LAPACK are not complete. So,
the above applies also to BLAS.

Pearu