[SciPy-dev] Linalg

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Mon Mar 25 11:11:03 CST 2002

I'm not sure what happened, but now linalg does not work anymore (and neither
does linalg2).

Just yesterday, linalg was working, but today it's giving me errors about the
first argument having to be contiguous.

>>> linalg.inv(a)
array_from_pyobj:intent(inout) array must be contiguous and with a proper
type and size.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages/scipy/linalg/linear_algebra.py",
line 150, in inv
    results = getrf(a)
flapack.error: failed in converting 1st argument `a' of flapack.dgetrf to
C/Fortran array

This sounds like an f2py issue, but I thought I had it working yesterday with
the new f2py.

linalg2 is giving me outputs that are completely wrong.

>>> import scipy.linalg2
>>> scipy.linalg2.inv(a)
array([[ 0.   +nanj,  0.   +nanj,  0.   +nanj],
       [ 0.   +nanj,  0.   +nanj,  0.   +nanj],
       [ 0.   +nanj,  0.   +nanj,  0.   +nanj]],'F')

Does this work for anybody else?